Sunday, May 6, 2012

Not such good success this trip

Look closer - I wasn't alone. Great camouflage.



I drove through the foothills absolutely crowded with mansions. Maybe there is an illusion of privacy with the trees and landscaping but they were as packed in as the valley suburbs. I hated it. I finally ended up driving to this reservoir where I used to come as a teenager to lay on the dam in the sun with my friends. It was empty on this beautiful day and they wanted $6 for me to park my car. The cost of enjoying nature.... So I refused and parked at the end of the drive for a few minutes to sit in the sun.

Maybe 10 people passed me on the last leg of their hike. All in matching spandex bike gear. They looked miserable and proud of themselves at the same time. I wouldn't want to be them. I figured they looked back at me thinking the same thing. Look at that woman just SITTING there in the sun. What a WASTE.

So obviously an interesting trip but not repeatable. I'll work on challenge two again this week.

No comments: