Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I was challenged to drive somewhere I had never been without a destination in mind. This was a BIG challenge for my inner control freak. Plus, I have lived here awhile - not many places I haven't been. What a great way to spend the morning. Beautiful spring day in the foothills. I have heard that the oaks are threatened - not enough baby oaks are growing. This sure is a beautiful one.
I loved the heat of the sun, how green it all was and the lazy fat cattle walking like they had an agenda. I wondered...this was the only brown among a bunch of black cows all heading along the fenceline. They certainly aren't headed towards food because it's there in abundance. Maybe they have a plan to meet up in the shade. :) This was a very peaceful winding road. Around that bend was the road closure because they are working on a damn. Ahead of me is a huge tree farm. Lots of very large trees in boxes being fed by a drip system. They filled a whole part of this little valley formed by these hills getting pushed up into enormous wrinkles. I could have been miles away from a city by the feel of it. It's great to know this is here - I"ll come back! Maybe once the damn repairs are completed I can continue down that road.

No comments: